Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bigger is NOT always better

So, the hubby and I decided last minute to take advantage of our daycares "parents night out" event, you pay the teacher $25 and they care for you baby for 4 hours. It has been a couple months since our last date night and we really needed it. We were so excited to go to our old stomping grounds, an Australian winebar we use to go to almost every Friday night before I was preggers. We had our rehearsal dinner there, they knew us by name, we were "regulars" (smile). The place had changed locations and we knew it was a bigger place but we had no idea how much it changed. The staff was different, the menu had changed a little, it was just not the same. Sadly, we left and went to a little sushi place by our house, it sure was tasty!! It was only 2 hours into our date and I was ready to pick up our little lady, I was really sad that I wasn't putting her down for bed. Needless to say, we her picked up and I had my cuddle time.

I know a husband and wife need their adult time but it's so hard to leave your baby when you work fulltime outside the home and you only get a couple hours with them in the evening.. the balance is something I work at everyday!

For right now, my favorite thing is family date night!! (another big smile)

Nighty Night Bloggers

1 comment: